Saturday, July 24, 2010

Week 9

I wasn't going to post a week 9 because chances of things still forming aren't good... but who knows.  I'm still gaggy, my left ear is still clogging up like it always does when I'm pregnant, I'm still very dizzy if I stand up to quickly, no spotting, no cramping.  I still FEEL pregnant... maybe because my levels were so high this time around, it may just take a while for the symptoms to go away, or because things are still forming... we won't know until Wednesday.   (I've usually heard that as soon as the pregnancy isn't progressing anymore the symptoms go away almost instantly)  Thanks for the continued prayers... hopefully the little one was just in a strange position that made it harder to see things...  I know we will be okay no matter what happens.  Like I've said before, Kason has shown us that.  If we hadn't gone through all we did in 07, he wouldn't be here and I can't imagine life without him.  I just hope having only one tube left doesn't give us fertility issues on top of everything if we decide to try again if this pregnancy doesn't work out.

"Your baby now is about the size of a medium green olive. The crow-to-rump length is 22 to 30 mm and the baby weighs 0.12 ounces. Although your body shape will not yet reveal that you are pregnant, your doctor would be able to notice an enlarged uterus. The hCG hormone is at its peak and you might notice more changes. Your skin may become smoother and a bit plumper, but you might also get an outbreak of pimples. Your hair may become less oily, or more. You might also notice some vaginal discharge, which is usually not a cause for concern.
Although the baby is still very small, it is beginning to look more like a human being. Your baby's back is straightening out and the tail is shrinking. In proportion to the rest of his body, the head is large and remains curved forwards onto the chest. The head is erect and the neck is developing well. Even though your baby's eyes are well developed, they are covered by a membrane lid. The eyes will not begin to open and close for quite some time still. Your baby will begin to make tiny movements as the muscles start to develop. You will not be able to feel any of these early movements, but you might be able to see them during an ultrasound. The arms and hands are progressing faster than the legs and feet at this point. By this time of your baby's development, the hands have defined finger ridges and the tissue between them will die off to leave separate fingers. It is impossible to distinguish a male from a female at this time because external genitalia look very similar at this point. "

No comments: