This one was actually about 2 weeks ago, but forgot about it until now! We took a bike ride over to Kaid's Kindergarten to play on the playground. It was the first time that Kaidrie rode her bike instead of riding in the carrier that daddy pulls behind his bike! I was so proud of her!! Our next step is taking the training wheels off and getting her on her own. She's not convinced, but I know she can do it! Kason loved being able to sit up higher and actually see the world going by!
Fun daddy time again
Someone from work brought in this desert and Randy just had a fit over them so decided that he and Kaid would make it.
They started by baking a red velvet cake then mushing it up with cream cheese frosting... what a mess.
Then they rolled them in little balls and let them chill overnight
Then dunk them in melted chocolate....The end result..
They were good, but too involved for me :) I also think they would have been better dunked in white chocolate instead. Believe it or not, I'm not a huge chocolate covered anything fan.
They love it when daddy gets home from work - it's horsey time!
So sad he's got ice cream all over himself!
Silly Kason fell asleep... Daddy put of nap time a little too long!
and nappy time in bed... He's doing amazing in his big boy bed now and we found the problem solver for 6:30 mornings... door shut tight and baby door nob handle on the inside knob. Now only Kason is awake at 6:30 every morning instead of Kaidrie, mommy and daddy!
When we found out I was going to need surgery, the first text was sent to mom to have her go to my friend's house who was watching them for the appointment and pick them up. She stayed at our house with the kids until Friday morning, then took them back to their house. Mimi and Pop just got 2 new kittens and the kids were in HEAVEN! They love them! They got swim time, kitty time, and Avery time - who could ask for anything more?!
Kitties hiding for dear life - uh oh.... he's coming in after you!
Those 3 kids are having a blast... not so sure about those 2 kitties! Scotcharoo and Callie I think are the decided names. They are beautiful kittens!
Little monkey boy
I was so happy that Aunt Jody and Avery took Kaid down town for the 4th of July festivities. I'm so glad she got to do something fun with mommy not able to take her! Thanks again Jody!
They are such cuties!
They are such cuties!
Another activity they ALWAYS do at Mimi's - coloring! It's Kaid's FAVORITE!
Yummy! Mimi Spoils :)
haha... just a little shot of my "ouchies" I couldn't believe how HUGE my belly was a few days after surgery... it looks like I'm 4 months pregnant instead of only 1 1/2 The swelling and air has finally gone down and I'm looking more like I should be at this point in the game. This was the bigger of the 3 incisions and really the only one that has bothered me for the most part.
Then Sunday night after having a wonderful day on Sunday - I felt WONDERFUL - I decided I felt up to taking the kids to see some fireworks. Not a good idea. I paid for it that night and hadn't taken pain meds for over 24 hours but had to that night and the next morning.
I forget what Kason was so upset about here... I think he was just tired of being in the car! little pouter!
I forget what Kason was so upset about here... I think he was just tired of being in the car! little pouter!
We went with some friends and thankfully didn't go to the busy school it was at, but rather a park down the street to watch them. I was so glad as I didn't know how much fast walking I was going to be able to do!
Matt and Maddie playing with snappers with the kids.
Matt and Maddie playing with snappers with the kids.
Snap!
Me and my daddy and I'm just as ornery as he is!
Playing... and take note of Mr. Kason there on the Right....
About 2 seconds later.... and then my batteries died!! I was so mad!
The kid got up to the top with no help, just daddy's hands behind him so he didn't fall. I got a couple of good pictures with Randy's cell phone. He was having trouble getting them to send, but one finally came through... I'll have to have him keep trying, because the other picture was great too.
This kid is something else!
This kid is something else!
Even though I should have just sent Randy and the kids out, I was glad to get to watch them with the fireworks. This was the first time Kason had ever seen them... he went around to everyone in our group getting up close to their faces and saying "wy wy works!!" in the most serious tone and facial expression. He thought they were so cool! Happy Independence Day everyone!
The next evening the kids and I snuggled into my "bed" and watched Wall-E
My little snuggle bunnies
My little beauty
Oh this ornery little man! He later went downstairs with daddy, and daddy turned around to see Kason up the banister.
And Oh so proud of himself! My little climber!

























2 comments:
So how'd you get some pics that I didn't take? I'm still waiting on pictures from your mom's camera. ha!
OH my, climbing on a chain link fence! We had a girl really tear up her fingers doing that one time! KASON! : ) You are gonna give Mommy and Daddy a run for their money aren't you?
Yes, I have pics on my camera...just waiting to figure out how to transfer. : )
Post a Comment