I was hoping to have better news today, but looks as though we are still in limbo.
We saw the sac and baby on the ultrasound, but the sac wasn't as big as it should be and we didn't see a heartbeat, which we really should be seeing by now. So, Dr R is not hopeful. I told him I didn't want to do a D&C at all, I don't want to mess with my cervix any more than I have to and he thought that was very understandable. So, I have chosen to wait and see what happens. He is going to re-scan in another week and see if there are any changes.
I think our only hope now is that I'm just a week behind where I should be by dates or that it's just a slow starter... which I guess, at that first ultrasound when we should have been seeing the sac - we didn't, but a day later it showed up. I do have a tilted uterus, so maybe it's harder to see in the beginning? I'm just tired of being in the unknown. I'm still very gaggy, so I'm hoping if the baby isn't growing anymore that that goes away soon. Not fun when you are pregnant, even more not fun if you know it's not for a good reason!
One bit of "good" news is that the blood that was in my uterus 2 weeks ago on my scan is gone. So seems all is on it's way to healing from the surgery. Also, he told me to stop the Lovenox because if I do miscarry he doesn't want me bleeding and bleeding from being on a blood thinner. So yay, no more shots for now.
Thanks for all the prayers, keep them coming. Either for a quick and easy miscarriage or for the baby to just be a bit behind... What a crazy 3 weeks it has been. I'm ready to have some answers.
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











1 comment:
Oh Janna again I'm sorry you are going through this! No fun indeed. It's such an emotional roller coaster of hope and no hope! The waiting is the hardest part and just want to let you know I know EXACTLY how you feel.
I was thinking too maybe you aren't as far along as you thought you were. Let's hope and hang on to the roller coaster!
HUGS!
Post a Comment