Thursday, July 15, 2010

Week 8

Today should mark the first day of week 8. Still trusting all is forming as it should and I am anxiously waiting for Wednesday to get here so we can know for sure if the baby made it through everything so far.

Last week I finally told Kaidrie what was going on. She's just so grown up! I knew she had heard so many bits and pieces of the story while I was talking to people on the phone that I knew she had to be so confused and worried about what was going on. She understands and still remembers in her own way how she had a baby sister who went to heaven (she was only 2 1/2 at the time, but was already so mature at that age also) so we really have to pray that this baby keeps growing and stays in mommy's belly long enough. She is such a helper and knows mommy has limitations to things now... So if Kason won't get in his carseat, won't come over to let me change his diaper etc... she helps out so mommy doesn't have to lift him. I don't even have to ask her, she just jumps in and does it. She's such a good girl. I didn't want to tell her for a while yet so she didn't get hurt if something happens to the baby, but I she is grown up enough I knew she deserved to know what was going on.


Kason, on the other hand. Has no clue. lol He just makes me smile. Goofy little boy. He just knows that mommy has ouchies on her belly and knows I can't pick him up because of the "ouchies." My hopes were to have him on his way to being potty trained by my cerclage placement at the end of August. I'm realizing that is not going to happen! I think physically his body is almost ready... he can hold it for 2-3 hours, but still after many many times of peeing on the floor has NO CLUE when he has to pee. He has only peed in the potty 2 times... the rest have ended up in the grass or on my floor. He LOVES wearing his big boy undies and does a good job at keeping them dry for a time... then all of a sudden I am running him to the potty while he is peeing the whole way. So, it looks like we may have 2 in diapers at the same time if all goes well with the baby. I was really hoping to have him trained before that... oh well.


"By the end of your second month of pregnancy, your baby is about the size of a pinto bean and is approximately 14 to 20 mm long. Before you were pregnant, your uterus was about the size of your fist. However, by 6 weeks of pregnancy, your uterus has grown to the size of a grapefruit! Your baby is developing at an amazing rate during these early weeks. Eyelid folds and ears are forming. Your baby's eyes are still very wide apart on the sides of her head, but will eventually center themselves out. The tip of the nose is actually present at this time as well. On ultrasound you can see that the aortic and pulmonary valves of the heart are present. The tubes that lead from the throat to lungs are branching and your baby's torso is getting longer and beginning to straighten out. Just a few weeks ago, your baby's arms were tiny buds. Now the elbows are actually present and the arms and legs extend forward and have grown longer. Fingers and toes are becoming visible also.

The tiny person is protected by the amniotic sac, filled with fluid. Inside, the child swims and moves gracefully. The arms and legs have lengthened, and fingers can be seen. The toes will develop in the next few days. The umbilical cord contains 3 blood vessels which link your baby's system to yours. The big one supplies your baby with blood which is rich in oxygen. The two smaller blood vessels return blood to the placenta. This blood is low in oxygen, and full of waste materials. At birth, umbilical cord can be two to four feet long."





Remember the foot picture from 7 weeks? This is the foot at around 8 weeks. Amazing!


Please keep praying for this little one. And keep us in your thoughts on Wednesday the 21st around 9:30. That's when we will find out for sure what is going on with the little one! 5 more days...

No comments: