Thursday, August 19, 2010

She's growing up!

I can't believe I am now the mommy of a school aged kid! My baby girl is officially a Kindergartner! Amazing. This past Monday we went for our sneak a peek day to meet her teacher and bus driver. She was pretty quiet, but was excited.


And the big day! I'm so glad she is only doing half a day. All day would have been too much for mommy! :)

An excited little man watching for the school bus!

Giving sis goodbye hugs

Now where is that school bus. She was a little late with it being the first day with a bunch of kindergartners.

Big girl all ready with her backpack on!

Mommy and my growing girl

See my pretty flowers I killed?

The kid didn't even hesitate! She is going to love school! I am just so impressed at how grown up she can be *most of the time*! Mrs. Jan her driver was there to welcome her - she seems amazing with the kids.

Bye Bye Kaidrie!!

Kason and I hopped into the car and drove to the school to watch her arrive...
This was Kaid's friend Brandon getting off the bus.

And Kaid's turn! Mrs. Jan showed her the way! She was surprised and happy to see us there to take pictures!

Kaid laughing while she walks away and Kason cries for her!

Mrs Jan taking her to meet up with her new classmates and Miss B.

Already talking to someone....

Waiting in line at the front of the line. Look how much taller she is than the rest of the kids.

Going into school for the first time by herself. And once again... laughing at Kason yelling BYE!!

Then the home coming. Kason was so excited - I'm not sure if it was to see Kaid or if it was the bus! Mrs Jan invited him up onto the bus.

My big girl coming home from her first day at school!

She did great. She had so much to tell me about when she got home. She met lots of new friends and is really looking forward to Monday when she goes back. I think it's going to be a fun year for her! I'm so proud of her and can't believe how she's grown. What a big girl!

1 comment:

Hummel Family said...

Very cute photos! I love all the "1st day of school" pics from everyone on FB and also on their blogs. Isn't it amazing how fast the time flies by? Our oldest, Caislyn, started back to school today...as a 1st grader! It doesn't seem real. I had to hold back the tears when she hopped on the bus. The tears came as I walked back up our drive. So bittersweet.

I am sure you will enjoy some one-on-one time with your little man. He is a cutie, indeed! :) Take care.

Oh, and thank you for the comment on our blog a few weeks ago. :)