Thursday, August 26, 2010

Counting my blessings

Wow - it's been a week. So many heart breaking things going on around us. Losing a child is something no one should ever have to face and 3 families we know this week have had to take on this burden.

Please say lots of prayers for these families and their friends.

An old co-worker of mine lost her full term beautiful baby boy this past week during labor. I know what it's like to lose a baby at 17weeks and I don't even want to think about what it would be like at term when you have everything prepared and ready for that little life. Then to come home empty handed. My heart breaks for her and her husband.

Then, a friend of Kaid's from preschools older brother lost his friend to cancer this week. Sam fought for over a year and lost his battle a few days ago. I've talked to Kaid's friends mom and her son is really struggling with saying good bye to his friend. No 9 year old should have to learn that lessen so early. Please pray for his parents and 2 little sisters and also his friends who are also having such a hard time.

Then this afternoon we found out that Randy's cousin Michael lost his 6 year old daughter this morning. Kassandra had a twin sister and other sibs that I'm sure will be lost without her. She was going to be starting Kindergarten this year. They believe she had pneumonia. I don't even want to think about how their hearts are breaking right now.

How quickly life can be taken. Made me hold my kids a little closer. And even through those difficult parenting moments we all have, they would give anything to have just one more moment... even if it's in the form of a temper tantrum... to hold their babies. One day they will again. Heaven is much richer this week.

No comments: