Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The end of the road - updated

Just wanted to let all of you who I haven't talked to yet that things have finally happened. Such a relief to know this long 3 month journey has finally come to an end. I've never been at peace after a miscarriage than I am with this one and I know all of the prayers have helped.

Things finally started happening on Sunday a little, then Monday night the "dam" finally broke. (Don't worry, I will spare you all the details!) Wow. It was quite the 4 hours and I was bleeding so much I thought I should be going to the ER. Luckily I stuck it out and by bedtime things seemed to be slowing down. I would have been very interested to see what my hemoglobin level was the next morning!

I tried working on Tuesday but couldn't stick it out any longer at about noon. It was the strangest thing. I had no uterine cramping at all - well, I guess maybe just a little achy, but my legs! The backs of my legs (especially my right one) hurt so bad I could hardly stand it. It would come in waves and I would think I could make it, then it would start up again and I knew I couldn't finish the long 12 hour shift. Finally last evening around 4 or 5ish I finally passed the rest that needed to come out and I have felt 100% better since. It's done as quickly as it all came on.

Thank you all for your continued support. I had my HCG level drawn again this morning, so my Dr should be calling tomorrow with my results and I've got a list of questions for him. What a crazy ride, but I'm so glad it ended much better than I feared it would... with either another D&C to weaken my cervix more or with lots and lots of pain.

We don't know where life will take us from here. There are so many uncertainties... with selling the house, finding a new perfect house with the hope that ours will sell, and with the unknown on where to go from here with expanding our family. Just pray that things all fall into place as far as timing. We can't be moving while I'm pregnant for obvious reasons, yet, if the house doesn't sell for a year or more then we could have done the baby thing in there somewhere. I know things will work out in their own time, and that this planner just needs to sit back and let God plan. But that's hard to do when you ENJOY planning :) Thanks all and I'll keep you updated on my numbers this week.

Update on my numbers - 959 this week. Another huge drop. I'm hoping next Wed. is down to zero - that way I can be done being stuck!!

No comments: