Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Our last day #7

We had to check out of our condo at 10am the last day, but the earliest flight we could get out was at 11:20pm!  So, we had a long day to burn with no place to go!

We rented bikes and went for the 7 mile path.  I can't even describe the beauty!  It was amazing to walk around a curve and be surrounded by water EVERYWHERE!  Just amazing.  We made a few stops along the trail to enjoy the view.

At the area that the trail ended there was a path to a large area that of course overlooked the ocean.

Kaid had a pocket full of flowers after our stop.

Randy enjoying the beautiful view.

There was an older couple that came shortly after us and offered to take our picture.  The said they were admireing our family from afar because they also had a girl and a boy who were now grown.  They loved watching the kids play.

Our rides for the day.  We were not sure how or when Kason was going to get his nap, and were really hoping he would sleep in the carrier - which luckily he did for about an hour and a half!  It was a lifesaver later on in the night at the airport!

After the bike ride we went back to the condo. They had a room there for people to use who had late flights - which since planes usually only fly out at night there were many!  We got cleaned up then went for an early dinner then to get icecream again.  Yummm..  There was a little waterfall area at the strip that we went and enjoyed.

The last couple of hours we spent back at the condo walking around and watching TV in the room.  I had saved some of our left over bread so we could go feed the fish outside the room.

There were TONS of them and some were HUGE!  They could have nibbled Kason's toes off!  They had a blast!

Mommy and sis took a walk through the condo's garden.

We had an amazing time and feel so blessed that we were able to take a trip like this!  Whereas we all had fun, the next trip we plan to Hawaii will not include the kids!  :)  We would love to do the things like hiking and helicopter trips and boat trips that we wern't able to do with them.  They did really good the entire time, but as every parent who has traveled with kids knows... it's very trying at times!  I think Randy and I needed a vacation after we got home!  Thanks for following this much, if you are still reading!  :)  I know it's alot!  Mohalo and Aloha!

2 comments:

MamaMimi said...

Yes, you may have been able to do more things...but check out your blog...your pictures...would you really have wanted those beautiful shots without those beautiful kids in them? Not me! : ) I don't think you will ever regret taking them with you....and just think how tired Mimi would be this week if they hadn't gone with!!!!

Jenn said...

Wow! Great pics. I enjoyed each post. What a fun time! I must say, you are much braver than I :) It's great to have kids along, but it doesn't give mommy and daddy much down time. Hope you can have a nice vacation together sometime.