Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Beautiful Day #2

The day started off rather early!  Kason had us all awake squeeling at 5 :30.  So, needless to say we got to see our first sunrise, which wasn't until around 7:15.  It was a cloudy morning, but It was still so beautiful seeing the clouds glowing!


The chickens and roosters have taken over!  It was so funny!  I guess the story behind the chickens started back in 92 when the island was wiped out by a hurricane.  The chicken coops were destroyed and the chickens all got out.  Since they don't have any wild animals that kill small animals and since they only have one KFC on the island (haha) they have just taken over.  You hear roosters crowing in the morning, in the afternoon and evening.  They are not afraid of people and would come right up to the patio if we had any food!  They were just crazy!

Since we were up so early, we had plenty of time to drive around before it was beach time!  We hit two of the waterfalls that you could drive up to see.  (I was so glad the kids went, but Randy and I would have been able to do and see so much more if they hadn't been there - so much of the island you can't see except by air, hiking or boat, and Kason wasn't old enough to do any of them!)


Across the way was a beautiful river

Down by the river to the Right side of the picture above, I zoomed in on some little huts.

Then down the road to another spot...

The pictures do not do this place justice.  The beauty that is just every where here is just amazing!

As we walk up, we see this sign.... OBVIOUSLY a pretty strong warning NOT to climb anywhere.

So, what does my husband do to get a better look at the falls...

My stomach still turns when I look at these pictures.  I am deathly afraid of heights and even seeing him do this makes me want to throw up.  All he did was laugh at me.  I am very thankful to still have my husband and that my children still have a father.  All I can say is IDIOT.  I told him if he falls, he can not expect me to try and go after him.  We would just be getting in the car and driving away.  One problem... he had the keys in his pocket.

all for this picture.... yeah beautiful... but I love my husband more than this picture!


The view oposite of the falls.

You can't get the full effect of the roads from this picture, but just to let you know... these roads here put HC roads to SHAME!  And, this road was way out done when we went to see the canyon... you will see these pictures later!

On to our next stop.  Lyngate park.

Kason loved this huge slide.  He did it by himself and wanted to go again and again.

Heading over to the beach

Yeah, this picture is so deceiving... he actually looks like he's having fun.  Not so.

The beach had an area surrounded by lava rock so it was safe for the keiki (kids) to swim and had a reef so the adults could snorkel.  The fish were AMAZING!  I just love snorkeling and was so sad that I wasn't going to be able to go here since we had the kids along.  But I got my wish!  The water was so cold, but I didn't care!

And another walk in the evening....


1 comment:

Jody Proper said...

Great photos!!! I want to go back....will be 20 yrs this August!! I was in Maui though. I know what you are talking on the roads!!! Any island has crazy tight twisty roads.

I just told your parents I would have been selfish and left the kids at home since Hawaii is usually a once in a life time and there is SO much to do for just adults and or older kids. I did do the helicopter ride and it was amazing!