Saturday, June 26, 2010

Random moments in our week



My baby is officially TWO!! It is amazing how time flies, but there are times that I KNOW he's two... my sweet baby boy is acting like a two year old at times! :) He really enjoys throwing himself on the ground when he is mad, hangs on the fridge door to get your attention that he wants his milk, and likes to see how close he can get to biting sissy before he gets yelled at! Oh this boy! But, for the most part he is still his happy, laid back, sweet self... just WAY more active that I ever imagined a kid of mine would be! Whew!

Yesterday was his checkup and all looked good. He did great when they pricked his toe to check his Hemoglobin and didn't make a peep about it until the nurse put a bandaid on it. The boy hates bandaids. His toe was bleeding enough that it had to stay on. Needles, bring them on, but don't you get close to the kid with a bandaid!! Everyone always asks how much he weighs... he's a bruit! He doesn't look fat, he's just solid! His Dr said that he wished he had a body like Kason - he said he's so muscular and defined. He must get that from me. :) So, grand weight total - 28 pounds and 7 ounces (still only 60th Percentile) and was 36 inches tall (80th). He was very impressed with how far his talking has come in the past 6 months (he wasn't concerned at 18 months, but knew I was wondering when he was going to start talking more).

Jody captured a sweet moment at his party that says it all. Right after I smooched his cheek he slapped his face to wipe it off. Oh this kid is a hoot.



On his actual Birthday we took the kids to see Toy Story 3 in 3D. They both loved it! Kaid had been to a movie theater one other time with a friend, but this was the first time we took both of them. I was worried Kason would be hopping all over our laps but he did great and sat still most of the time. Very cute movie and Kason had the theater in giggles when it got really quiet and a monkey was on the screen and Kason started making monkey sounds. Silly guy.

When we got home he opened the last of his presents. Just boring ones - the fun ones he got at his party!

new "buts"

Yay A new potty!

great... so now I guess she's gonna want me to use this all the time now?

The kids 3rd set of grandparents! We are so blessed to have Jimmy and Bonnie in our back yard. I love how much the kids love them and how much Jimmy and Bonnie love our kids!

Kason loves pretending to be a kitty! Meow....

Kaid came downstairs the other day and said "look I have my nipple pads on!" Where does she get these things!? Pretty sure I've never called it that!

We went to my friend from college, Ashley's shower on Saturday and it was so good to see baby Jenna again! Kaid is a baby magnet! I can't believe this was the only picture I took!

This week the Jeff Gordon car has been floating around the area and Randy was thrilled to hear when it was close to us. During his lunch break he went to check it out!

Like a kid in a candy store... he was loving it! SO, which would win?

No comments: