Where has the time gone? How am I making preprations for Kindergarten? Just amazing! My headstrong, sometimes difficult little girl has been replaced with a sweet, happy, smilie, cooperative big girl and I just want to keep her at this age forever! Every age has had it's ups and downs... but I think every age I've said "no, this is my favorite age" but really, I do think this is my favorite age. :) Kaid wears 5 very well. That is, until we take her to get shots. Oh, I'm not going to even go into how AWFUL her 5 year appointment was - I can't re-live that. But you've all been at the doctors office and heard "that kid" screaming their head off in the room next to you... well, yes, that WAS MY KID. Picture me and a nurse about my size struggleing to hold down a very STRONG, determied, madder than a hornet kid after the Doctor just told her she had to get shots. Wow. I was in a hot sweat, but at least we got those 4 shots in her.... finally. Yeah, that's all I'm going to discuss about that day. Not fun. Funny though how the past week being grounded from the TV has really made her not ask for it much today... I guess she realized that not everything fun revolved around the tv!
Anyway - at 5 my baby girl weighs 42lbs (60th percetile) and is 46 inches tall (90th) (she cooperated PERFECTLY for this part of the visit. Thank GOD!)
Yesterday she had her Kindergarten screaning and I could not have been prouder of her. She did amazing and was able to do many things that the teacher said most of the kids wern't able to do at this age. They had to stop her when she was counting because she was going way beyond where they stop screening for and they said they usually know about 10 letters, upper and lowercase and she knew 22 of each. Scored 100% on her rhyming words and most kids score about 50%. She even... get this.... was asked to have her picture taken by someone she didn't know (so the bus driver will know her face) and she went up there and SMILED for the picture! WOW - I about fell over! For those of you who don't know her too well, this is a huge step for my kid who does not like strangers! So yes, I was a proud proud momma yesterday and I can't wait to see how well she does next year. She's going to love it.
Way to go Kaid!
Thursday, April 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











2 comments:
Wow she's come a long way!!! So proud of you Kaidrie!
xoxox
I finally remembered to show Avery the video's (I usually ck your blog at work :) and her FAVORITE video was of Kaid pushing Kason on the swing! She also said Kaid has such long hair and a pretty dress on oh and Kason looked good in his sunglasses :)
Post a Comment