Thursday, December 18, 2008

All because two people fell in love...

I can't believe that 10 years ago today Randy was at my front doorstep picking me up for the first time! We went to his work Christmas Party and the rest is history. Would I have known that day that 10 years later we would still be together and have a wonderful life - I'm not sure, but I knew there was something special about this guy! It didn't take either of us long to figure it out though.

It all started way back when...

There was a little boy...

And a little girl....

Even though for most of our lives we lived about 5 minutes from eachother we didn't meet until my senior year in high school. We saw eachother a few times at "The Club" our fitness center back home, then we officially met when Randy's friend, Steve introduced us. Randy knew he wanted to date me but it took the encouragement from Coach Reese to finally get the nerve to call and ask me out!

What babies we were! Look how young we look!
Janna - 17 Randy - 20

We made it all through college - me in Columbus, Randy in Pittsburgh. We both knew by this time that we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together! All we had to do was wait!

May of my Junior year of college Randy asked me to be his wife! What an amazing day - what an amazing life we knew we would have - together!!



We were married on a beautiful day in July! It was the most wonderful day. I didn't have the wedding day jitters at all because I knew I was marrying the right man for me!

We honeymooned in Aruba - it was just perfect!


We both were so excited to build our life and our home together! We moved into our new house and started dreaming of what the future would hold.
Celebrating our 1st Anniversary!



We spent our first year together traveling and enjoying being together as husband and wife before becoming....


We always knew life would change after having kids, and although since we have become parents the time for the two of us is often few and far between there are some times that we have been able to remember what it was like just being Randy and Janna!
When Kaid was about 1 1/2 we took off to Florida while she stayed with our parents. It was wonderful to have that time and I hope we will get the chance to do that again soon!


Most of our time away is just an evening here or there, but every once in a while mimi and pop would take Kaid for a weekend and we'd go have some fun... Here we went to a Nascar race in Michigan...


Then to a country concert.
Now since we have a new little one, it may be a while but we will get that time again soon!
Way back 10 years ago, when we started dreaming... this is exactly what I thought the dream would be like. Although life has had some major bumps along the way - those hard times have brought us closer. He is such a comfort to me, knowing I always have that support and love - knowing that day we said "I do" we made the right choice! Thank you honey for giving me the past 10 years of your life, I know there will be many, many more. I love you.

2 comments:

Jody Proper said...

WOW! 10 yrs. that is nuts and where does the time go??!!

I AM still waiting for my scanner to be hooked up so I can scan some old pictures.......been a year now think I've waited long enough ;)

Randy and Janna said...

Get on the ball Josh! But guess what I did - my scanner isn't hooked up right so I actually just took pictures of the pictures with my digital! Can't even tell can you! They aren't quite as clear, but they turned out pretty good! So, keep that in mind as an option! :)