Monday, March 15, 2010

A Fancy party for a fancy girl!

I guess not many people have heard of Fancy Nancy.  It is a delightfully sweet book series of a little girl who has a "plain" family, yet she LOVES everything fancy.  Fancy words, fancy foods, fancy outfits.  Very cute.  For all of you out there with girly girls like mine, they will love it, so check them out!


Kaid decided this year she wanted a Fancy Nancy birthday party.  It was difficult finding the plates and such, I ended up ordering them online.  I wanted to make up some cute invites and I think it was a success!
Some more cute shots from our spur-of-the-moment photo shoot.  Kaid had a blast with it!

And the big party day finally came yesterday!  Miss Kaid was so exited!

Always take the time to smell the flowers!  This kid likes all things beautiful!

The plates were too cute not to take a picture!

Brooklyn and Mckenzie dressing up so cute!  I don't know what was making Mckenzie upset, but she looks like she's about to cry!

Kaid, Sophia, Bonnie & Kason, AJ and Evanne eating some fancy food.

Family and Friends (Amy, take note the photo wall that you wanted to see... let me know if you want a closer picture)

Isaiah and Sophia playing

Yay!  Cake time!

It is just amazing what a year does!  Last year we had to sing happy birthday 4 TIMES and she still wouldn't blow out the candles ("I'll do it later") because she just isn't a kid that likes all the attention on her.  This year she wouldn't leave the candles lit long enough to get a picture!  She cracks me up! 

I really can't believe she is 5!!

She was cracking herself up!  She thought it was so funny that we had to keep lighting the candles again to try and get a picture.  What a stinker!

Yep, then while mommy was side tracked, guess who decided to go cake diving.  Yeah, hard guess.

Kason and Brooklyn... right before he decided he wanted to eat HER food too.  The little guy had me tricked!  I didn't think he ate much because his plate was still full when he was done (VERY unlike him!  He loves to eat!) then after the party I heard he was just eating everyone ELSES food.  He made his way around the room snaching anything he could get his dirty little fingers on!

Jacob, Sophia, Evanne, AJ, Kaid and Brandon enjoying the cupcakes.

And more of the crew.

I didn't get many pictures of the gifts because she tore through them so quickly!  Thank you to all who make her Birthday so special and for all the great gifts.  She has loved and played with each and every one today - yep, it was a busy day!  :)

Fancy Birthday girl lost all of her fancy jewlery etc... before the party even got started!  Right, and she claims she loves to be fancy.

Then last, mommy and daddys gift!  She loves doing arts and crafts and drawing... so I knew just what to get her!  She loves her new art easel!

And the most exciting face we saw on her came from our card.  Glad I found a Fancy Nancy one!  So, why didn't we just get her that?  :)


I was wanting to get a picture of all of the kids, but forgot.  At least we got one of (most of) the cousins.
We had a few last minute cancelations due to the stomach flu, and although we missed them we were really glad it hit BEFORE the party and not after!  :) 
Kason, Evanne, Kaid, AJ, Isaiah, Mckenzie

What a cute boy - grandma told me that he would have made a cute girl. 

Mimi and Pop with 2 of their babies.

Our crazy clan! (how does Randy look so tall in this picture??)

Kason meet Gracie - yeah, he's not so sure he wants to.  (Leah was dog-sitting, and get this, she came complete with a doggy diaper bag... nope not kidding!)

Okay, so maybe she's not too bad...

Now Gracie's the one that's scared...

Kisses

Okay, so maybe not a boys best friend, but I guess she's not as bad as he thought.

Ahh. doesn't that make it feel like spring.  What a beautiful flower!

The aftermath....  The house is *almost* back to normal and Kaid has been through all of her new toys atleast once. 

Having fun with Aunt Kimmy's hair book (I think it was her hint to me that I need to learn how to braid so I don't ask her to every time we are together :)

Oh La La, now THAT is Fancy!!

1 comment:

Jody Proper said...

Looks like a fun and fancy time was had! Ya I had to google fancy nancy no clue what it was!

Bummer we had to miss it but Avery just wasn't feeling the best....she took a 4 hour nap that day!

Happy 5th Bday Kaid!!!