Friday, January 1, 2010

Another little angel joins the others...

Now that she has posted it on her blog I feel I can post my prayer request here too... Please keep Josh and Jody in your prayers. Jody just had another miscarriage and I know all too well how heartbreaking it is to lose a baby you wanted so desperately. So, prayers for them as their hearts heal, as Jody's body heals, and if it is God's will for them to have another child in their home that they can find the problem and easily fix it so they can have another child to love. There are so many questions to ask when something like this happens and all of them are running through Jody's head right now.

Jody, I'm sure I have told you this before, but the best thing anyone said to me after we lost Korbin came from mom when I was so angry... angry at my body for not keeping her safe, angry with my Doctor and myself for not noticing something was wrong and the most difficult to understand, angry with God for letting it happen. She told me "It's okay to be angry with God, He can take it!" I felt so much better after hearing this and I let go of my guilt for how I was feeling. When you feel like giving up - which I know I did many times - you just look at my little man and let it be your hope. I don't know what God has in store for your family, but whatever it is I know it will be wonderful! And if it's just Avery - well, we already know she's wonderful! We love you all and are praying with you. I hope next year this all seems like a bad dream - and although you will NEVER forget or love those little angels any less, I pray the pain is dulled by the happiness.

2 comments:

Jody Proper said...

Thanks Janna!! I know you know.

I've saved this email from a friend at Church (Amy Loveday) and I keep reading it:

"There are also 2 things I heard from Rev. Zan Holmes the first time I heard him preach that I’ve really kept in my heart and mind:

1. He will not bring you to it, without a plan to bring you through it.
2. God is preparing us for what He has prepared for us.

I know those words are little comfort given what you’re going through right now. And if you’re so angry that you just can’t even talk to God right now, that’s okay. That’s why you have Christian friends. We’re talking to Him about you, and for you! I love you, girly girl!"

Kason is my inspiration too.....and hopefully 2010 will be a great year or a year that I get some answers so I can have peace.

Love you!!!

Jenn said...

"It's ok to be angry at God, He is big enough to handle it and He understands."
Similar to what someone told you, but that's what my pastor's wife told me after we lost our baby. I will never forget those words.

This post had me in tears. Hugs and prayers go out to Jody and her family.