Tuesday, October 20, 2009

What a weekend for camping!

Yeah - it was a little chilly! But at least we weren't really "roughing it" since we were staying in a house! We did spend a little time outside and a lot of time in an unheated garage out back.

When Randy's siblings get together things always get a little interesting. Here Randy is trying to do Kim's "flying dove"


Kim and I can't wait until these two are best buds - we thought this was so cute... sitting beside each other reading their own papers.


Don't even ask... not sure....


Kason so proud of himself drinking out of a big boy cup!


Poor AJ, Mckenzie, and Lu started out the week sick... by the time we were leaving there were about 3-4 more feeling not so good. Now this week my 2 kiddos and I aren't feeling the greatest. When AJ gets sick - he gets so wheezy, so here he is with his elephant nose taking a breathing treatment. Poor guy.


The girl cousins, Mckenzie, Evanne and Kaid


Isaiah acting shy. I think this was right after I said "Hey, do I have a duck on my head." It got him to look!


Dirty little children sittin in the woods


Big boy!



Just a swingin


Kason thought he would help them play cornhole by sitting on the board.


Coloring


Some of the girls getting ready to go mudding - me, Lisa T, Mykeila, and Kim


The guys thought it was humorous how Kim and I went 4-wheeling...
Kim's feet


My feet - ok, so we didn't bring boots - big deal!


Kirby taking the kids for a ride


The first thing Kason did when we walked in to the house when we got there was to go over and sit by McKenzie then try to push her over. By day 2 he couldn't get enough of her. He kept hugging her. It was so cute but a little overwhelming for her!




This kid is so funny. Just hanging out at the table.


The guys coming back from a trail ride. Paul, Randy, Kirby and AJ


Lu and Paul both had Birthday's this week. Lu's was on the Friday before we all got there and Paul's was the next Saturday.
Kim was attempting to re-gain her status as favorite "aunt" that Kevin's girlfriend stole this weekend. So, she took the kids off and they came out and showed us a little skit...

Yeah, once again... not sure. He fits in well with this family.


Getting ready to leave


Poor Kaid... About 7pm on the second night we were there, we were playing in the garage playing. Kaid lost her balance and put her hand behind her to catch herself - and her hand went right on the Kerosene heater. I felt so bad for her. Even little 1st degree burns hurt and this one was a bad 2nd degree. Poor girl had blisters on all 4 fingers on the one hand. She had a rough night the rest of that night, but by morning her fingers didn't hurt anymore. Here are her fingers 3 days later. I'm so glad they at least don't hurt her anymore.


Despite the cold weather, burns, and sick kids we all had a good time. It did feel good to get home to our own beds! Hopefully we are all on the mend soon!

1 comment:

Jody Proper said...

Oh man poor Kaid!!!! Burns are NO fun....I felt so bad for her when I saw that picture! I'm sure it's all better now.