Monday, March 16, 2009

I'm not the mom of a 4 year old!

YET..... I still have 2 more days before that, but we did have a fun birthday party on Sunday to Celebrate! Kaid wanted a "Princess" party of course - so that's what we had - a birthday for a little princess.



Kaidrie's cousin, Evanne, had a pretty barbie cake for her birthday and Kaid hadn't stopped talking about it since!! So, Mimi offered to make her one and she turned out beautiful! I made some fun cupcakes and Lu made a yummy cake with Strawberries on top!
Kaidrie does not like being the center of attention so every year for her birthday she doesn't really like the singing and all eyes on HER part. She didn't want to blow out her candles - so I think we sang "Happy Birthday" 4 times to try to get her to blow them out - finally her friend Brandon couldn't take it any more and helped her out!


Kason may not have gotten any cake (as far as I'm aware - but he did have 2 grandmas there... so who knows! :) but her sure did love the noodles!


At first Kaid wasn't sure about the opening gifts part either - she's a strange kid like that - but once she got into it, she flew through those great gifts! She got some fun toys and cute clothes - thanks everyone!


The babies at the party - Dylan, Kason and Ayden


The big kids with their kites
Evanne, Kaidrie, Avery, AJ, Isaiah and Brandon


Making their craft...


Kaid has really been working on writing her name. She has to have me write it out for her then she does her best at writing it.


I'd say she does pretty good! I started a tradition this year.... I bought table cloths for the kids that I will use every year at their party and every year I'm going to trace their hands so they can see how they've grown over the year! Here's a picture of Kaid's first print - I wish I would have thought of this 3 years ago!


The little ones loved the balloons! Kason would crawl after it and hit it away then go get it again!


Our niece and nephew, Avery and Isaiah are about 3 months apart and I think this is the first time they have ever been together - it was fun watching them play... and get angry with each other over a toy! They were so funny!


Doesn't she just look beautiful - even though she feels totally awkward (I know the feeling!) - she really looks great! The next time we see her she will have our baby niece in her arms - hopefully less than 2 weeks from now!


Randy always loves flipping the little ones up in the air - Kaidrie is too long and lanky for it and Kason is still too little, but Avery and Isaiah are just right! I think it was the first time Avery had ever done it so she wasn't so sure at first, but Isaiah has done it quite a few times and he just thinks it's the greatest!

No comments: