This morning we woke up to a lawn full of snow (ugh.. sorry I only act excited for the kids sake, but on here... nope, I won't lie - NOT thrilled :) ) Yesterday we made Christmas cut-outs. I was not brave enough to let Kason help, but Kaid had a blast frosting.
Licking his chops while eating a cookie saying "mmm, yummm, mmmm"
Life is good
I think it's just rediculous that after I've washed Kason's face, hands, shirt, pants, hair, I also have to ask to see his feet. And even more rediculous that most of the time - they are dirty. And now, we all know why.....
After working a tripple, daddy was a little tired after work. Kason admiring his daddy while he sleeps.
This little guy is never seen without a truck in hand. He LOVES trucks. I was trying to get a picture of him driving his truck on daddy's head while he was sleeping, but this was as good as it got.
Now onto today! This morning we took off for Kason's Gymboree class. He has a blast there! Kaid is such a good little helper when she comes along.
Bubble time! And although it doesn't show in his face in this picture this is one of his favorite parts!
After Gymboree class we went to visit my friend, Ashley from college. I have not seen her house before and our next stop was just about 1 mile from her place. Just beautiful as I expected! :)
Then onto Kaid's favorite part of the day! I know we still have 5 days until Christmas, but the Doll House will be closed the next few days and then we will be in HC for Christmas eve and Christmas. So we celebrated a little ahead of time.
About a month ago we went to the doll baby place and Kaidrie picked out her Christmas baby. She has been waiting so patiently and was SO excited! I wanted her to have the whole "adoption" experience so said we would be back this week sometime. We've been talking about names for her for quite a while and last night she finally decided on Alyssa Hannah. A sweet name for a sweet baby.
So, Kaidrie got to give her her first check-up. Checking her eyes and ears to make sure her baby will be able to see her mommy's face and hear her sweet songs.
Listening to Alyssa's heartbeat.
Baby Alyssa weighs 3 1/2 pounds and is 18 in long.
The proud new "mommy"
We then got to put her in a stroller - and cover her so she didn't get snow on her - then walk to the bakery and got free cookies, then the another little shop and got a free tiny porcalin doll for Alyssa, then a free bag at a jewlery store. What a cool experience it was for Kaid! She was just in heaven!
She did not put her down the entire evening other than when I made her to eat dinner and take a bath! Everyone had to give Alyssa goodnight hugs and kisses. She changed her diaper, put lotion on her, and jammies on, combed her hair before bed and tucked her in her cradle in her bedroom beside her bed. Yep, she's gonna be a good mommy one day (not for at least 20 years that is).
Even Kason thinks she's pretty neat. But notice, he still has that truck in his hand...
Since Kaid got her big gift from us today I let Kason open his big gift also. It was too heavy to even think about toating back to HC. So, what does Kason do with a present? What else are you supposed to do with it?
Oh Woooowwww this is pretty fun too!
So exciting! Yep, he was screaming by this point!
At this point, Kaid and Kason are begging me to put it together and I'm looking at it wondering if I can or if I should wait for daddy to do it tomorrow.
And yes, Randy now KNOWS that I'm the coolest wife ever. It only took me about 3 1/2 hours.... and Randy walked in when I had it over half done - he was very impressed! (and I think really happy that he didn't have to do it!) Kason was so excited when after bath time it was together!
Well, even though I would have loved to wait until Christmas to give them the big gifts, it probably worked out great this way. Now they can play with them before going to Grandma and Grandpas and Mimi and Pop's for Christmas.... and we have 2 less gifts to load and unload and load and unload. A plus for everyone!











1 comment:
WHAT BRAND OF BABY IS -KAIDS LIL ONE-KEESH WOULD LUV ONE TO
Post a Comment